As part of the cooperation within the Stieltjes Institute the analysis research groups of the University of Leiden, Free University Amsterdam, University of Amsterdam, Delft University of Technology, Eindhoven University of Technology, Erasmus University (EUR), and the Center for Mathematics and Computer Science Amsterdam, organize a joint analysis colloquium.
In 2002 the colloquium was organized by Joost Hulshof and Andre Ran at the Free University of Amsterdam. The meetings took place on April 8 and November 28 & 29 (Farewell symposium for Rien Kaashoek).
April 8, 2002
- A. Lindquist (KTH, Stockholm): A convex optimization approach to generalized moment problems.
- J. van Neerven (TUD): On the stochastic Cauchy problem in Banach spaces.
- A. Lunardi (Parma): Stability in free boundary problems.
November 28, 2002
- I. Gohberg (Tel-Aviv University): Matrix valued Szego orthogonal polynomials. One step extension and Krein's theorem.
- H. Bart (EUR): Vector-valued logarithmic residues: following a thirty year old lead by M.A. Kaashoek.
- P. Lancaster (University of Calgary): Analytic perturbation theory: the semisimple case.
- S. Goldberg (University of Maryland): Hilbert-Carleman determinants in an abstract setting.
- S.M. Verduyn Lunel (UL): Calculating Hausdorff dimensions of invariant sets using spectral theory.
- L. Lerer (Israel Institute of Technology): On continuous analogues of orthogonal polynomials
- H.J. Woerdeman (College of William and Mary): Intersecting zeros of two-variable polynomials.
- T. West (Trinity College, Dublin): Compact semi-groups of positive matrices.
November 29, 2002
- A.S. Markus (Ben Gurion University of the Negev/VU): Subspaces in the algebra of all operators invariant for the similarity transformations.
- B. de Pagter (TUD): Differentiation of Operator Functions.
- R.F. Curtain (RUG): Infinite-dimensional linear systems and their reciprocals.
- H.A. van der Vorst (UU): Solution of linear algebra problems by dimension reduction.
- A.C.M. Ran (VU): Perturbation theorems for bisemigroups.